Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Is it silly?

I'm going to be completely honest, I've always thought the idea of keeping a blog was a silly idea. Who wants to sit and read the thoughts and ramblings of another person? But as I spend more and more time looking at the depth, or often times just the funny anecdotes and ramblings of a person, you hooked beyond belief.

I've spent quite some time in my life wandering about my own thoughts, and there are quite a few things I've always wanted to get out there and get off my chest, even if no one actually reads them. Like, for example, I've always wanted to share with the world my exact thoughts on a particular little group of friends I had in High School.

We went by quite a few names, 'The Game Table', 'The ToD&J', more than likely 'Those Nerds Over There'. But despite all the names we've been labeled as we've managed to stick together even over hundreds of miles. I still keep in regular contact with all three of them, occassionally we lose touch for a brief period of time, but it always comes back around. I think I spent the majortiy of my High School career doing random and idiotic shi*t with these three, and I wouldn't change a second of it. Now, as we grow older and further apart I look back on those days and wish that I could return to them. I specifically have spent quite a few days in the past month reminiscing with one of these three, looking back at when we were just kids being kids, when everything was easy. Speaking of which, who said life is easier after High School? I call BS on that one.

I spend most of my day sitting at a desk, I have a lot of down time at work. When I'm not with a customer I spend most of my time texting one of these great frineds I have and just being ridiculous with them, it's kind of our thing. I think of all the silly plans we made, the off the wall ways we were going to make ourselves rich, and I have to smile. I know that these three are going to read this at some point and think I'm a dork, or that I should shut the h3ll up and stop being so nostalgic, and I promise this is the only time I will be. But for now, as my first post, I just want to say thanks to those three.

Now this isn't to say they are the only friends I have. I have had, and still have, quite a large variety of friends from different backgrounds, and I would hate to neglect them in this. You've all been there for me on quite a few occasions, so thank you all.

Well that's it for now, there will be more, if you're interested in hearing something a bit more humorous than what I've left today.

No comments:

Post a Comment