Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pissed at Pepsi

Sorry for the absence guys, between packing/moving, court dates (witness, not the offender), and a large amount of driving for my job, it's been pretty hectic. That and I haven't really had anything particularly exciting to rant about, but guess what, I found something.

There are a lot of people in my area going on and on about the fact that Pepsi is releasing a new patriotic can that has The Pledge of Allegiance on it, now the people are in an uproar because, allegedly, Pepsi omitted the words "Under God" on the can and people are pissed. First off, let me start by saying, it's not happening, Pepsi is not planning on releasing any such can. It's not in the playbook.

I know this hoax has been around for a few years now, but lately I've noticed a sudden growth in the number of people talking about it, like it's some new thing out there, like all of a sudden after two years people want to make a damn scene again. Which sort of brings me to my next point. Who gives a damn? America was supposed to be the country where we could escape from having religion pushed on us, I mean, didn't our ancestors come here to escape from over-bearing religious sects? So why now are we trying to force the "Under God" on the people of America? I understand it's something put in by the founding fathers and part of our history, blah blah blah, but it's time to move on. It's time for us to evolve as a people and come to accept that religion is growing less and less important to our overall society. And for the record, I've been omitting under god since the 5th grade.

So I guess what I'm saying here is, let's not make a big deal over something as small as two words. There are many other things we can fight about, like who would win between Commander/Admiral Bill Adama and Captain Malcolm Reynolds....but seriously, who wins? What do you guys think? And I mean as far as overall leadership goes, not just in a 1-on-1 fight....but that too, you know what, just give me your opinions on both.

No comments:

Post a Comment