Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quiznos and Christ?

So on occasion my boss sends me down to one of our stores in another town to give the one person that works down there a day off. Now I don't mind the extra 35 minute drive there and then back again, because it keeps me from getting stuck in the same place bored for too long. There is a Quiznos in the same little strip mall that our store is located in, so usually when I go down there I pop over to Quiznos to grab a soda and a bag of chips to go with the lunch I bring. This day was slightly different though.

I headed over there around 11:45 (gotta be a bit ahead of the lunch rush) and outside of Quiznos there was a man holding a bible and shouting at the top of his lungs that Christ was angry at everyone stuffing their faces. So as he was ranting on and on about gluttony and all that BS I was calmly strolling past him to the door. This idiot decided to make the stupid mistake of stepping in front of me and yelling in my face that God was going to strike me down for gluttony. Me? the guy who was just going in to get a bag of chips and a soda? Well folks, you may not know this about me, but I'm an atheist. I've never believed in a divine power, but normally I have no problem with other people and their views on God, as long as you don't try to push your beliefs on someone else, you're fine in my book. But this asshole had to go and push his luck, he stands in front of me yelling about the power of God and how evil I am, that was too far. So I yelled back, shouting him down word for word,  and in the end I came across with the line every christian hates to hear, "I'm atheist, and nothing you say can ever change that." It shut him up pretty quick and he stomped off flustered and angry.

Now, to be completely honest, I don't feel good about the fact that I made this guy angry and that I threw it all in his face. I usually pride myself on the fact that I don't actually argue very often over religion, if you stay out of my life, I'll stay out of yours. But in this particular case, I really had no choice. But I'm also not going to say that I felt absolutely bad about it either, after all the owner of Quiznos gave me a free sub and meal for running the guy off, because, let's face it, a man shouting about gluttony in front of a restaraunt is bad for business.

What's the point of this story? You ask. Please keep your religious views to yourself. I've got nothing against you or your beliefs, but too many wars have been fought over religion. Wars that wouldn't have been fought if we could all just think for ourselves and know when to be quiet.

Well, enough ranting from me today, thanks readers.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done. Especially receiving a free sub for it. People like that really piss me off.

    ReplyDelete